Light structure or prefabricated house technology?
Our technology is based on the computer-controlled system of Weinmann, the world’s largest manufacturer of CNC-controlled machining units: the CNC machining centre, the structure building tables, the multi-bridge for the production of components, and the finished parts warehouse, all in one assembly line.
With this assembly line, we are a unique plant in Central and Eastern Europe in terms of both quality and production capacity.
The walls are slabs built in our plant, at full height and length, with external internal thermal insulation and, in some cases, doors and windows, in weather-independent conditions. In the brake version, the elements are delivered to the prepared base in a separate vehicle and assembled there. It is typically a timber-framed, light-structured structure, but it can also be constructed of brick. In Europe, prefabricated large-panel wall elements, such as those used by BERGER Házak, are common.
Prefabricated houses made in a plant and on-site frame houses are both referred to as light structure houses. It is increasingly being used to distinguish on-site-assembled houses with exterior walls weighing less than 300 kilograms per square meter.
As a result of precision design and continuous production line control, the elements produced on the computer-controlled Weinmann production lines are characterized by a high degree of dimensional accuracy. The processes of our proven large-panel production technology, which has long been used in Western Europe, are not affected by the weather; therefore, the duration of construction, including on-site work, is significantly shortened.
We can complete a 100 m2 building structure (shell and core) in up to 2 weeks, by which we mean that the building’s external and internal walls are in place, the slab structure is lifted, the roof is finished and the chosen shell is on top of the roof. Our wall structure also allows the construction of a 4-storey high building.
Why Berger Házak?
Our expertise, enthusiasm and customer-centred approach ensure that with BERGER Házak the entire design and construction process is predictable and transparent.
How is it different than a lightweight-structure house?
OUR PRODUCTION PROCESS
In all cases, production is preceded by a product design that is fully automated for the technological process. Once the final product design has been approved, the engineering department will hand over the documentation required for production to the plant and provide information on the data needed to manufacture the building in a project kick-off meeting. This package contains cutting lists, assembly and coverage drawings of walls and slabs, loading, surface treatment and package lists.
The process begins on the WBZ 160 Power six type cutting machine, where the machine automatically measures all the parts to be processed, thus avoiding sizing problems during assembly. The operator also performs quality control by visual inspection to eliminate the use of any twisted materials. The structural basis of the walls, slabs and roof elements is CE-certified KVH (solid structural timber) beam from Austria: it is a lengthened, machine-dried, pine-based structural wood material. It does not contain any chemicals, is pest-free and provides durable form and stability.
The cutting machine begins the machining process by cutting the beams to size, which are always accurate to the millimetre. These can be vertical and mitre cuts that are fast and dynamic. There is no risk of movement because the material is guided at several points by the machine.
Drilling and milling tools with different cross-sections prepare the holes and millings defined during product design, thus making both factory and on-site assembly accurate and fast.
A wide range of machining options is available. No setting times required, as the necessary tools are already in the tool changer and are automatically selected according to the machining operation.
The building boards are fixed with high-speed stapling based on a stapling pattern preset for the wooden frame structure. The mechanical access holes can be easily dismantled on site and closed again upon completion of the works thanks to the screw design.
The locations of doors and windows and electrical protrusions are prepared automatically according to the product design, accurate to the millimetre. The joints between the panels will also be perfect.
The CNC technology ensures consistently high precision, which provides a wide range of machining options and an automatic, fast change of tools for various machining operations.
Once the inside is finished, we turn the structure over with the help of a WTZ 110/12L Optimat & WTW 120/12W/R Optimat butterfly table. The interlayer insulation is then placed with the insulation material filling technology integrated into the structure, which is a so-called blown, guaranteed gap-free cellulose insulation. It is also possible to order our structures with rock wool and wood wool insulation.
If required by our customer, we surface-treat our visible wood elements in the colour of their choice under factory conditions, with our materials provided for both indoor and outdoor use. Before loading, we place our waterproofing layer on our walls, which is a bituminous mixture applied to a high-density polyethylene layer, which does not require the use of flame.
THE PROCESS OF CONSTRUCTION
- Checking the accessibility and craneability of the construction site
- Foundation body size check
- Levelling and level adjustment of the reception level before installation with special levelling plates
- The completed wall, roof and slab elements are loaded onto a truck according to the loading and installation plan, and then delivered to the construction site, where the elements are assembled by crane at the prepared reception level. We assemble the walls, build a slab, prepare the roof structure by lathing and film covering, that is when the building reaches its shell and core stage. This only takes a few days.
- The individual structural elements and wall panels are assembled at software-defined points and by software-designed methods with high-quality Rothoblaas fasteners.
- After the structure of the house is built, the shell is placed on the roof, which can be a clay tile roof, sheet metal or flat roof order of layers, we perform tinning, and in addition to the external doors and windows, the external thermal insulation and surface formation also takes place. This is how we reach the state completed from the outside.
- After reaching the state completed from the outside, the finishing works follow, which take place in a way similar to traditional construction technology. Due to the high degree of preparation (intersections, placement of protective pipes, fitting boxes in the walls) we proceed faster than usual. In this phase, the electrical installation, the mechanical installation, the design of the floor structure, the painting works, the fitting of carpets and laying of floors, and finally the installation of the interior doors take place.
A few months after the start of work, our customers can take possession of their new, energy-saving, modern home.
- After all the construction and specialist works have been completed, we will hand over the finished residential building to our client during the handover-acceptance procedure, all the occupancy documentation will be completed, and then the residential house will be transferred into the client’s possession.